Per diem staff provide relief for open shifts at the emergency shelter and do not have a regular, fixed schedule. They provide a safe, clean, and non-threatening environment to individuals experiencing homelessness who are seeking shelter. This position documents safety, security, rules violations, illnesses etc. as well as keeping current in shelter operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain daily routine of guests within the policies and procedures of the shelter
- Support guests in working on goals and moving on plans as well as hold guests responsible for all behaviors deemed as refusal to follow rules
- Respond to medical emergencies and other crises
- Perform case management for guests as assigned by Shelter Manager
- Apply consistent expectations to create a safe and positive environment
- Prepare and/or serve meals, accept and sort donations, and other routine tasks as required.
- Communicate needs and concerns for guests and shelter to the Shelter Manager
- Implement new practices as developed and agreed by the staff
- Act in the best interest of the organization, reflecting the values of teamwork, collaboration, and mutual respect.
- Report facility issues to shelter manager
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work with diverse populations. Acceptance of a variety of lifestyles, behaviors, and cultural and spiritual practices.
- Ability to work with clients in crisis and those actively engaging in substance use.
- Ability to remain calm and focused in volatile situations. Demonstrated experience working in crisis intervention.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional behavior/appropriate boundaries with shelter guests and staff members.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift, move and carry 25 lbs.