Our Community Services Navigators are here to help
Get help accessing and understanding public benefits, including:
- TAFDC (Transitional Aid to Families with Dependent Children)
- EAEDC (Emergency Aid to Elders, Disabled, and Children)
- Emergency Assistance
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Medicaid / MassHealth — immediate onsite submission available
- Food Stamps / SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) — immediate onsite submission available
Additional support services include:
- Help with eviction notices and landlord/tenant disputes
- Help managing your budget or dealing with unpaid rent or utility bills
- Referrals to local resources where you can receive clothing, food, and medical care
- Assistance is available in Spanish and Portuguese
Please call 978-282-1000 to speak with our Intake Coordinator and to schedule an appointment.
Thanks to a grant from the Applied Materials Foundation, Action Inc. is able to offer urgent care hours through our Community Services department.
Urgent care hours enable us to provide advocacy services to people in crisis as quickly as possible. If someone walks in or calls with an urgent matter, they can be scheduled to meet with the Urgent Care Advocate during urgent care hours – Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9-11 am.
Examples of situations that can be addressed during urgent care hours include:
- clients who have received a heat or electricity shut off notice
- families that are living in places not meant for human habitation
- clients without access to appropriate clothing in dangerous weather conditions
- clients who have received 48-hour vacate orders
- victims of house or apartment fires
- families who are homeless but have been denied access to state-funded family shelter
Please call 978-282-1000 or email email@example.com for more information.