Help, hope, and support when you need it most
Action Inc.’s Community Services program is a vital resource for the Cape Ann community — a safe and welcoming place where you can find help, hope, and support when you need it most.
Our Community Services Navigators can help you find the resources you need to support yourself and your family. We can help you apply for housing assistance, address landlord/tenant disputes, and find out if you’re eligible for rental or mortgage assistance. If you have received an eviction notice, we can provide advice on the eviction process and assistance responding to a court summons. We also offer guidance through the public benefits system and can help you connect to local resources such as mental health and substance use programs.
All services are delivered in a confidential, one-on-one setting with an experienced social service advocate. Assistance is available in English, Spanish & Portuguese.
- Help with eviction notices, court summons, and landlord/tenant disputes
- Help applying for public housing or finding affordable housing
- Rental & mortgage assistance (if eligible)
- Utility bill assistance (if eligible)
- Help managing your budget and planning for the future
Public Benefits & Additional Support Services
- Guidance through public benefits such as SNAP (Food Stamps), Medicaid/MassHealth, and SSI/SSDI
- Referrals to other Action Inc. programs such as Fuel Assistance, Job Training & Education, and Financial Counseling
- Referrals to local resources where you can receive clothing, food, and medical care
Our Multi-lingual Community Services Navigator can offer guidance on the immigration process, including:
- Signing up for health insurance
- Renewing passports
- School registration for children
- Filling out immigration paperwork
- Referrals to community resources for food, clothing, furniture, and medical care
Short-term Mortgage & Rental Assistance
Short-term rental and mortgage assistance is available for renters and homeowners in Gloucester, Rockport, Essex, Manchester, or Ipswich who are struggling with their housing costs.
This funding has been made available in part by the City of Gloucester Community Preservation Act, the Manchester Affordable Housing Trust, the Ipswich Affordable Housing Trust Fund, and the Town of Rockport Preservation Funds.
Frequently asked questions
What areas of Massachusetts do you serve?
Where are your offices?
I need help applying for food stamps, MassHealth, disability, or some other benefit. How do I get help?
For Massachusetts legal information
Affordable telephone service for eligible customers
Assistance resources for residents of Massachusetts
Resource of the National Council on Aging’s Benefit for applying Medicare Extra Help prescription coverage and other benefits
Information about legal rights and benefits in Massachusetts