A Holiday Tradition
Project Uplift is back for 2018! The pop-up holiday store will open at 6 Elm St., Gloucester on Dec. 15th, and applications are being accepted now. Due to the generous support of our community, this year we will be able to serve children up to 16 years old. Project Uplift is an important holiday tradition on Cape Ann, and whether you are shopping, donating or volunteering this year, we look forward to the community coming together to help each other this December.
How to Apply
You can apply for Project Uplift by completing an application which you can access here or by visiting our offices at 180 Main St., Gloucester.
In order to be eligible, children must be between 0-16 years old. You must live in Gloucester, Rockport, Manchester, Essex, or Ipswich, and children must be living with you full time to be eligible. We can only accept one application per family – so only one parent may apply.
Return application by mail or in person to: Action Inc. – Project Uplift, 180 Main Street, Gloucester, MA, 01930. If you have questions about the application or eligibility, please contact Megan at firstname.lastname@example.org
The last date applications will be accepted will be Dec. 14th.
How You Can Help
Become a donation site!
We depend on local clubs and businesses to collect toys. Help us by taking a collection box and encouraging people to donate!
Make a donation!
Toy/clothing collection boxes are located throughout Cape Ann. We will post a full list of collection sites soon. Checks and gift cards are also gratefully accepted!
Volunteer your time!
Volunteer a few hours to give out toys and help parents shop at our Holiday Store, open Dec. 15 through 19th.
For Groups Collecting toys:
Action Inc. will drop off collection boxes the week of Nov. 27th. We encourage you to advertise & promote the toy drive any way you’d like! We will pick up all donations on Fri., Dec. 14th.
Drop Off Locations
- Addison Gilbert Hospital, Gloucester (Mitten Tree Only)
- American Legion, Gloucester
- Bank Gloucester, Gloucester and Essex
- Bass Rocks Golf Club, Gloucester
- Cape Ann Chamber of Commerce, Gloucester
- Cape Ann Moose Lodge, Gloucester
- Cape Ann Savings Bank, Gloucester, Manchester, Rockport
- Carpenter & McNeille, Essex
- Citizens Bank, Gloucester
- CK Pearl, Essex
- Coldwell Banker, Gloucester
- Connected Homecare, Gloucester
- Crackerjacks, Rockport
- Cross Country Mortgage, Gloucester
- Dolce Vita Salon, Rockport
- Essex Elementary School, Essex
- Essex Town Hall, Essex
- First Ipswich Bank, Essex and Gloucester
- Gloucester City Hall, Gloucester
- Gloucester Healthcare, Gloucester
- Gloucester Stage Company, Gloucester
- Gortons, Gloucester
- Highwave Hair Design, Essex
- Manchester Town Hall, Manchester
- Magical Beginnings, Essex and Hamilton
- National Fish and Seafood, Gloucester
- Nor’East Cleaners, Gloucester and Manchester
- Orlando and Associates, Gloucester
- Rockport Music, Rockport
- Rockport Town Hall, Rockport
- Rose Baker Senior Center, Gloucester
- Santander Bank, Gloucester
- Sea Meadow Design, Essex
- Seacoast Nursing and Rehab Center, Gloucester
- The Farm Bar and Grille, Essex
- TOHP Burnham Library, Essex
- Tuck’s Candy, Rockport
- Woodman’s Restaurant, Essex