This is a Part-time, as needed position. Shifts comprise of evening (2nd shift) and/or overnights (3rd shift) including some weekend evenings or overnights, plus a 1.5 hour staff meeting Monday afternoons. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a safe, clean and non-threatening environment to homeless persons seeking shelter. This position documents safety, security, rules violations, illnesses etc. as well as keeping current in shelter operations.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Maintain daily routine of guests within policies and procedures of the Shelter;
• Hold guests responsible for any and all behaviors deemed as refusal to follow rules;
• Apply consistent expectations to create a safe and positive environment;
• Perform Case Management for guests as assigned by Shelter Manager;
• Attend weekly staff meetings to review group and individual issues;
• Implement new practices as developed and agreed by the staff;
• Attend and participate in departmental, organization-wide and other meetings.
• Act in the best interest of the organization, reflecting the values of teamwork, collaboration, and mutual respect.
• Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work with diverse populations. Acceptance of a variety of lifestyles, behaviors, and cultural and spiritual practices
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Ability to remain calm and focused in volatile situations. Demonstrated experience working in crisis intervention
- Ability to develop and maintain professional behavior/appropriate boundaries with shelter guests and staff members
- Associates degree in related field from accredited university or college OR High School Diploma, 2 years’ experience providing direct service
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift, move and carry 25 lbs.
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
- On call
Please apply via Indeed: https://www.indeed.com/job/diem-shelter-staff-fce1d9885b684e90