Action Inc. is a non-profit organization and Community Action Agency that was founded in 1965 as part of President Lyndon B. Johnson’s War on Poverty. We are a member of the Community Action Partnership, a nationwide network of more than 1,000 similar agencies that are dedicated to helping people in need and eliminating poverty in the United States. As part of our broad range of services, our award-winning Energy Services program provides essential energy efficiency upgrades to eligible households within our community; which include whole-house weatherization, high efficiency heating system upgrades, and electric savings measures.
Summary: This new role will be responsible for overseeing day to day operations of an active energy efficiency program, This role will provide technical trainings as needed, energy improvement recommendations, contractor management, budget management, data reports, and resolution of contractor and client issues resulting from inspection findings as well as supervising staff in two Branch offices and out in the field.
- Develops and implements appropriate policies and procedures governing the day-to-day operations of the residential energy efficiency programs.
- Manages all production, project reporting, financial or other tracking systems, and databases with regular updates to the Residential Energy Director.
- Work with Residential Energy Director to support compliance and regulatory reporting.
- Works with leadership to develop annual strategy goals and performance measures and ensure progress against these goals as reflected in contract and team performance.
- Liaison with the Residential Energy Director and the Utility & Fiscal Data Manger on day-to-day to ensure administrative and financial activities as well as annual budget planning and audits.
- Quality checks all invoices prior to submitting for payments.
- Leads the design, training, implementation and maintenance of the division’s software and project management tools, and professional development needs
- Coordinates special projects, initiatives and meetings within the department
- Work with the Human Resources to recruit, identify and determine the best candidates for vacancies as they arise.
- Oversees the organization of department files, documents and records; archiving and performing internal file reviews to ensure quality control and efficiency.
- Serves as liaison for new employees, ensure assessment and preparation of physical space, office supply and equipment needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Five or more years of senior management experience in a non-profit setting preferred with broad experience with Utility & Federally Funded Income Eligible Efficiency programs.
- Broad experience with the full range of business functions and systems, including strategic development, operations and planning.
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences/trends and incorporate into the organizational plan.
- Ability to effectively build organizational staff capacity, develop a qualified workforce and processes that ensure the organization runs smoothly.
- Strong problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency when required.
- Exceptional capacity for managing and leading people; team builder who has experiencing in scaling up organization; ability to communicate both on an individual level and in large groups; capacity to enforce accountability.
- Building Performance Institute Certified, preferred.
- Highly proficient in computer software programs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Second language a plus.Physical Demands: Must be able to bend, stoop, stand, kneel and sit for long periods, able to lift and climb ladders and lift up to 60 lbs.
Send resume to: email@example.com, or mail your resume to Action Inc. attn: HR 180 Main St. Gloucester, MA 01930