The Resident Services Case Manager will provide proactive case management through Action Inc.’s Housing Services Department to residents of Harbor Village. This includes eleven special population units in addition to other building residents seeking case management services. The Resident Services Case Manager will coordinate bringing in outside agencies and providers to the Harbor Village program space to have onsite services available to building residents and as appropriate, other Action Inc. clients and/or community members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide case management services through phone, office visits and home visits to the residents of Harbor Village.
- Create individual service plans that will be reviewed and updated on a quarterly basis for the households in the eleven special population units.
- For the households in the other nineteen units, engaging and providing referrals and direct services based on resident interest and household needs.
- Assist residents with their annual recertifications with Peabody Properties.
- Plan and host a variety of events (open houses, service fairs, special events etc.) in the HV community room for all building residents.
- Conduct rental arrearage counseling including screening and referring residents for potential financial assistance.
- Create and continuously update a new resident packet, given to all households at move in.
- Reach out to new residents to provide new resident packet and to ensure that they are apprised of the availability of services through Action Inc and other local community providers.
- Recruit, coordinate and manage a schedule of outside providers to offer use of our programming space to offer office hours targeting building residents.
- Explore interest and feasibility of developing a Resident Advisory Board and depending on the result, moving on to creation and implementation.
- Enter and update information on residents served, in internal databases, in a timely fashion, meeting all mandatory deadlines.
- Engage and provide case management services to other clients enrolled in Housing Services programs, as needed.
- Work under the direction of the Director of Housing Services and fulfill other duties as assigned.
- Attend and participate in departmental, organization-wide, and other meetings.
- Act in the best interest of the organization, reflecting the values of teamwork, collaboration and mutual respect.
- BS degree in Human Services or related field.
- 3+ years of social services experience.
- Must also possess a high degree of skill using Microsoft Office products and internet resources.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Reliable, responsible, highly organized, and willing to take initiative.
- Must have a valid license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to practice effective de-escalation techniques and take reasonable precautions to ensure personal safety.
- Second language a plus.
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift, move, and carry 25 lbs.