Action Inc. is a non-profit organization and Community Action Agency that was founded in 1965 as part of President Lyndon B. Johnson’s War on Poverty. We are a member of the Community Action Partnership, a nationwide network of more than 1,000 similar agencies that are dedicated to helping people in need and eliminating poverty in the United States.
The Planning & Grants Specialist is responsible for grants research, grant writing, report writing, and supporting strategic planning efforts. This position is also responsible for administrative duties that are connected to Action Inc.’s Community Services Block Grant funding. This position will support Action Inc.’s planning and compliance efforts. This position is eligible for the hybrid work model, in office at least 3 days per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Research private and public grant opportunities to meet identified needs across the agency’s programmatic departments
• Draft grant applications and grant reports
• Proofread grant applications and reports written by Director of Operations & Planning and Program Directors
• Support community needs assessment and strategic planning process, including drafting report language and coordinating needs assessment activities
• Gather documentation needed for Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) Organizational Standards and monitor required documents throughout the year
• Maintain CSBG Organizational Standards records; update information in eGov system annually
• Maintain Board of Directors records in eGov system
• Bachelor’s degree required. Relevant experience considered as an alternative
• Experience with grant writing and/or grant research required
• Previous experience in human services setting preferred
• Candidate must have exceptional written communication skills
• Must have strong organizational skills
• Must be detail-oriented and self-motivated
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift, move, and carry 10 lbs.
Send resume, cover letter and a writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org, apply via Indeed, or mail your resume to Action Inc. attn: HR 180 Main St. Gloucester, MA 01930