The Marketing Assistant is responsible for the creation and execution of electronic marketing content across social media, website, and email marketing through strong writing and graphic design skills, in addition to developing print collateral content.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategize with the marketing communications team to create electronic campaigns which include social media, website content, and email marketing.
- Develop and manage social media marketing through the development of engaging content aligned across all channels.
- Assist in the creation, design, and editing of written, online, video, and photo content.
- Maintain unified brand voice across different social media and digital channels.
- Develop, test, and execute strategies to grow social media following and to convert social followers to email subscribers and donors.
- Develop content and build monthly email marketing newsletters, as well as email newsletters for specific campaigns.
- Assess the prioritization of active channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter) and the addition of new channels or platforms.
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments.
- Take a results-driven approach; regularly review analytics and create reports on key social and web metrics.
- Stay informed about latest social media best practices and trends for non-profit organizations and Community Action Agencies.
- Monitor community calendar and partner social media content.
- Attend events to capture content in the form of pictures and videos for social media as needed.
- Build content library.
- Assist with coordinating with outside vendors such as printers and direct mail houses.
- Order business cards, stationery, and agency-branded items as needed.
- Update website as needed.
- Act in the best interest of the organization, reflecting the values of teamwork, collaboration, and mutual respect.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years of social media work experience
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Experience in creating content for social media including copywriting, video, and graphic design
- Strong graphic design skills and experience working with In Design, Adobe Design Suite and WordPress
- Strong organizational and collaboration skills
- Creative, innovative self-starter
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Relevant experience considered as an alternative
- Previous experience in human services setting preferred
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift, move, and carry 10 lbs.