Perform comprehensive assessment of existing 1-4 unit dwellings to evaluate the installation of whole-home and partial air-source heat pumps systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate existing electric, oil and propane heating systems in residential 1-4 unit buildings to identify conversions to air-source heat pump (ASHP) systems. Projects consist of full & partial displacements of hydronic, air and electric radiant systems through the installation of ducted, non-ducted (mini-split), and mix-ducted ASHP systems.
- Project oversight from initial evaluation through final quality control of system installations.
- Work with approved contractors to design and implement ASHP system installations.
- Service territory: Danvers, Essex, Gloucester, Hamilton, Ipswich, Lynn, Lynnfield, Manchester by the Sea, Marblehead, Middleton, Nahant, Peabody, Rockport, Salem, Saugus, South Hamilton, Swampscott, Topsfield, Wakefield, and Wenham.
- Provide timely and accurate data as requested by managers and funding sources.
- Attend and participate in departmental, organization-wide and other meetings.
- Act in the best interest of the organization, reflecting the values of teamwork, collaboration and mutual respect.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in the HVAC/Plumbing trade
- Experience with the design and installation of cold-climate heat pump systems
- EPA 608 certification preferred
- Drivers’ license required and reliable daily transportation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Second language desired.
Physical Demands: Must be able to bend, stoop, stand, kneel, and sit for long periods, able to lift and climb ladders, and lift up to 60 lbs.