Summary: Successful candidate will conduct intake, provide referrals and coordinate with partner agencies to ensure complete access to available resources for Spanish speaking clients.
Hours: Full-time, Exempt (35 hours per week)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be fluent in Spanish.
- Conduct outreach to Cape Ann community to raise awareness of Action’s resources, programs and satellite offices using various media outlets along with other outreach efforts.
- Work directly with homeless and transitionally homeless populations towards self- sufficiency.
- Enter and update information on clients served, in internal databases, in a timely fashion, meeting all mandatory deadlines.
- Provide advocacy to clients in the following areas: Including but not limited to housing denials and terminations and access to mainstream resources.
- Assist clients with coordination of available public benefits and assist with the application processes for such benefits.
- Conduct rental/mortgage arrearage counseling for various financial resources when available and if applicable for eligible clients.
- Attend and participate in departmental, organization-wide and other meetings.
- Act in the best interest of the organization, reflecting the values of team work, collaboration and mutual respect.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in Human Services or related field.
- Minimum 2 years experience in advocacy or non profit work.
- Proficient in computer skills.
- Excellent customer service/interpersonal
- Must have driver’s license, good driving record, and dependable transportation.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and/or qualifications.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com