Action Inc. is a non-profit organization and Community Action Agency that was founded in 1965 as part of President Lyndon B. Johnson’s War on Poverty. We are a member of the Community Action Partnership, a nationwide network of more than 1,000 similar agencies that are dedicated to helping people in need and eliminating poverty in the United States.
This candidate will be responsible for working with Senior Facilities Manager to support overall Facilities needs of the organization, including maintenance of commercial and residential properties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide support and coverage for Senior Facilities Manager.
• Assist Senior Facilities Manager with maintaining and repairing of buildings, grounds, and equipment according to applicable building codes and company operating/safety standards.
• Assist with diagnosing issues and responding to issues identified by staff, tenants, and clients.
• Perform maintenance tasks such as painting, cleaning, changing light bulbs, light carpentry work, moving items, and other minor repairs in Action Inc. owned commercial and residential buildings. Assist with minor repairs in all areas including electrical systems, plumbing, appliances, flooring, roofing, siding, carpentry, masonry, HVAC, etc.
• Assist with recording and reporting client/tenant concerns; mediating issues as appropriate.
• Assist with ensuring compliance with local, state and national building codes and with applicable property inspections; assist with addressing issues that arise.
• Order maintenance supplies in accordance with agency policies, as needed.
• Provide On-Call support after business hours, on weekends and holidays; schedule to be determined.
• High School diploma required. Additional degree or certification in related field preferred
• Proficiencies in building trades, including painting, plumbing, and/or equipment repair preferred
• Minimum of three (3) years facilities maintenance experience, preferably in large commercial and/or residential setting
• Organized and efficient in work practices
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills; ability to interact with staff and building tenants
• Ability to perform tasks with tools and ladders in a safe, effective manner
• Willing to be on call 24/7
• A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
Must be able to perform all physical requirements of the position including ability to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds, climb and work on ladders, work with arms raised over head, stand/walk for long periods of time, climb stairs, bend at waist and knees, etc. Carry Action Inc. cell phone for emergency calls and routine communication.
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, apply via Indeed, or mail your resume to Action Inc. attn: HR 180 Main St. Gloucester, MA 01930