Action Inc. is a non-profit organization and Community Action Agency that was founded in 1965 as part of President Lyndon B. Johnson’s War on Poverty. We are a member of the Community Action Partnership, a nationwide network of more than 1,000 similar agencies that are dedicated to helping people in need and eliminating poverty in the United States. As part of our broad range of services, our award-winning Energy Services program provides essential energy efficiency upgrades to eligible households within our community; which include whole-house weatherization, high efficiency heating system upgrades, and electric savings measures.
Position responsibilities include scheduling and liaising with network agencies and subcontractors in order to perform monitoring appointments within the single family and multifamily programs. This may include field review of installed measures, site visits to in-progress jobs, interviews with employees and clients, and reviews of paperwork.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitor sub contractors’ and installation contractors’ work.
• Provide timely and accurate data as requested by managers and funding sources.
• Operational territory includes National Grid service territory throughout Massachusetts. This candidate will be traveling throughout Massachusetts for site visits and field reviews periodically.
• Attend and participate in departmental, organization-wide and other meetings as required.
• Act in the best interest of the organization, reflecting the values of team work, collaboration and mutual respect.
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• 5 years experience in building/construction/energy installation trade(s).
• Valid drivers’ license required and reliable daily transportation.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Applicable certifications and licenses are a plus. IE: CSL, OSHA, BPI (various), LEED (various), plumbing, electrical, etc.
• Familiarity with computers and software (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite.)
• Second language desired.
• Excellent customer service skills
Physical Demands: Must be able to bend, stoop, stand, kneel and sit for long periods, able to lift and climb ladders and lift up to 50 lbs.
All interested candidates should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via Indeed.com