The successful candidate will direct and oversee Action Inc.’s Riley Education and Training Center (RETC). This includes managing the COMPASS Youth Program and initiatives that support the youth in this program; overseeing all adult training programs including the Health Care Careers Pathways training, Commercial Driver’s License program and any new programs added to RETC; overseeing the Adult Education Program (ABE); and being responsible for researching and developing new opportunities that align with the mission of the center and seeking grants for such programs, in order to provide high quality training programs for residents of Cape Ann.
Essential duties include:
• Outreach and recruitment within the community for enrollment in COMPASS Youth Program;
• Seek opportunities to expand educational and training opportunities;
• Collaborate with the Planning & Development to research, write, and administer grants for the RETC to support the budget;
• Monitor and maintain enrollment, stated outcome goals, and budget to ensure grant compliance;
• Complete reports for all grants;
• Oversee daily activities of RETC; respond to all daily matters;
• Responsible for student eligibility, enrollment, completion and follow-up;
• Coordinate with Academic/Career Counselor to provide college and career readiness activities, opportunities, and information; provide assistance with financial aid applications, SAT assistance, etc.;
• Work with Academic/Career Counselor to strategically improve attendance, and reduce barriers to success through incentives and intervention;
• Work with community partners to ensure students gain access to all opportunities and services available to them, including the court, schools, WIB, DCF, housing authority and other social service providers;
• Act as liaison between local high schools, businesses, colleges and educational institutions;
• Monitor behavior, enforce rules and handle disciplinary procedures;
• Coordinate with Training Coordinator to oversee the promotion, recruitment, screening and delivery of adult career training courses including the Health Care Careers Pathways training, Commercial Driver’s License program and any new programs added;
• Coordinate with the Adult Education Manager to oversee the promotion, recruitment, screening and delivery of the DESE ABE program;
• Record data and outcome analysis;
• Oversee volunteers and interns to ensure that appropriate boundaries are maintained, confidentiality of participants is maintained, and all professional standards of the agency are met.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education or equivalent (Master’s Degree Preferred)
• Managerial Experience, 3 – 5 years
• Self-directed, self-motivated
• Ability to manage budget for programs
• Experience with program development/partner development
• Experience working with at-risk youth
• Experience in a direct service delivery environment
• Experience with grant writing, management and reporting
• Proficient MS Office computer programs
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift, move and carry 10 lbs.
Send resume by December 5, 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.