Summary: Perform comprehensive Home Energy Assessments on income eligible homes. Responsibilities include building shell evaluation, energy improvement recommendations, full project management, and resolution of contractor and client issues resulting from inspection findings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform comprehensive Home Energy Assessments of existing residential 1-4 units buildings including:
– Building shell
– Mechanical systems
– Energy efficient lighting installations
– Diagnostic testing
- Full project management to ensure proper installation of all energy efficiency measures.
– Initial assessment
– In process inspections
– Quality control
– Follow-up of callback visits
- Implement program practices/procedures, coordinating activities between contractors, owners, customers, and all other parties involved throughout the administrative and technical processes.
- Provide timely and accurate data as requested by managers and funding sources.
- Attend and participate in departmental, organization-wide and other meetings.
- Act in the best interest of the organization, reflecting the values of team work, collaboration and mutual respect.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in building/construction trade.
- Must pass DHCD MA State Energy Auditor certification training within 90 days of hire.
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) Certified, preferred.
- Drivers’ license required and reliable daily transportation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic Microsoft Office computer skills.
- Second language desired.
Physical Demands: Must be able to bend, stoop, crawl, twist, lift and physically be able to fulfill job functions, including lifting up to 50 lbs., carrying and climbing step ladders, entering attics, basements and crawlspaces, and using small tools and installation equipment.
Salary: commensurate with experience and/or qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: 8 hour shift, Monday to Friday
Experience: BPI certification: 1 year (Preferred)
License/Certification: DHCD MA State Energy Auditor certification (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road
Work Remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19
Please apply via Indeed: https://www.indeed.com/job/building-performance-specialist-274ec92ed7149f61