Action Inc. is a non-profit organization and Community Action Agency that was
founded in 1965 as part of President Lyndon B. Johnson’s War on Poverty. We are a member of
the Community Action Partnership, a nationwide network of more than 1,000 similar agencies
that are dedicated to helping people in need and eliminating poverty in the United States. As
part of our broad range of services, our award-winning Energy Services program provides
essential energy efficiency upgrades to eligible households within our community; which
include whole-house weatherization, high efficiency heating system upgrades, and electric
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Perform comprehensive Home Energy Assessments of existing residential 1-4 unit
- Service territory: Gloucester, Rockport, Manchester-by-the-Sea, Essex,
Hamilton, Wenham, Ipswich, Rowley, Boxford, Georgetown, Groveland,
Newbury, West Newbury, Haverhill, Merrimac, Newburyport, Amesbury, and
- Project management to ensure quality installation of efficiency measures by program
- Provide timely and accurate data as requested by managers and funding sources.
- Attend and participate in departmental, organization-wide and other meetings.
- Act in the best interest of the organization, reflecting the values of team work,
collaboration and mutual respect.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in building/construction trade.
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) Certified, preferred.
- Drivers’ license required and reliable daily transportation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Second language desired.
All required training courses and certifications paid for by Action Inc.
Physical Demands: Must be able to bend, stoop, crawl, twist, lift and physically be able to fulfill
job functions, including lifting up to 50 lbs., carrying and climbing step ladders, entering attics,
basements and crawlspaces, and using small tools and installation equipment.
Salary: $40,000 – $60,000 (commensurate with experience and/or qualifications.)
Send resume to: email@example.com, apply via Indeed, or mail your resume to
Action Inc. Attn: HR 180 Main St. Gloucester, MA 01930