Summary: Provide counseling services to individuals experiencing homelessness who are guests at Action Inc’s Emergency Shelter and to clients in the Housing First program which provides permanent supportive housing to previously homeless individuals and families.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide one-on-one counseling to clients enrolled at the Emergency Shelter or Housing First (HF) program
- Employ trauma informed, recovery oriented, strengths-based, and person-centered treatment techniques that are culturally aware and informed
- Maintain confidentiality of all client communication and meetings
- Engage in ongoing therapy as well as brief intervention therapy, making referrals to community resources and ensuring a smooth transition
- Make referrals as necessary and as requested to other providers and/or community collaterals
- Stay knowledgeable of and collaborate with other community services to ensure appropriate referrals and services for clients
- Attend shelter staff meetings to review group and individual issues
- Receive referrals for counseling of shelter guests and HF clients from shelter and HF staff
- Communicate with the Shelter Manager regarding desired group programing opportunities (recovery support meetings, etc.)
- Facilitate group programming as indicated
- Attend HF meetings and collaborate with HF Case Managers as needed
- Participate in biweekly supervision with the Director of Housing Services
- Enter and update information on clients served in internal databases in a timely fashion, meeting all mandatory deadlines.
- Attend and participate in departmental, organization-wide and other meetings.
- Act in the best interest of the organization, reflecting the values of teamwork, collaboration and mutual respect.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field required, Master’s preferred
- Licensure or license eligible preferred
- Previous experience working with individuals with SUD and/or co-occurring disorders required
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift, move, and carry 10 lbs.