In partnership with the City of Gloucester, the Cape Ann Chamber of Commerce, and working with local municipalities, Action Inc. has launched the Cape Ann Emergency Relief Fund to help hourly workers impacted by the COVID-19 crisis. The Fund will support food service, retail, hospitality, childcare and other hourly workers struggling with lost income.
In order to qualify, individuals must meet the criteria below and must provide the required documentation. The fund will distribute direct financial assistance (in the form of checks) to qualifying individuals, as long as funds are available.
Qualifying families will receive $500 per household.
In order to be eligible for one-time financial assistance through the Cape Ann Emergency Relief Fund, you must:
- be a Cape Ann resident – Gloucester, Rockport, Essex, Ipswich, and Manchester;
- be an hourly wage worker (i.e. food service, hospitality, retail, childcare);
- have a gross household income that is 100% AMI or less (see chart here);
- have been working more than 10 hrs/week prior to layoff;
- have been furloughed or laid off due to COVID-19, or had hours reduced by more than 50% due to COVID-19; and
- be an adult over 18 years of age.
You will need to provide copies of the following documents when you apply:
- Two pay stubs for each employed adult (18+) in your household (pre-layoff pay stubs, if applicable);
- An Employment Verification Form (to be completed by employer); and
- Proof of residency (for example a utility bill, cell phone bill, lease or mortgage agreement).
Please note, photos of documents will also be accepted.
If you believe you meet the eligibility requirements and would like to apply:
Call – (978) 282-1000 ext. 234
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: We are working hard with limited staff capacity, who are working remotely. We will respond to applications in the order in which they were received. Please allow 48hrs to receive a callback regarding your application.